Program at a Glance
- Complete in as few as 9 months
- 3 courses
Turn Conflict into Consensus
The Conflict Resolution Professional Concentration offers proven tools to resolve conflicts, negotiate agreements, deal with difficult people, facilitate groups and build consensus. In a streamlined format composed of three courses, the program prioritizes theory and practical tools to equip students to resolve every type of conflict and positively impact people, organizations, programs and policies. These courses are designed for professionals seeking to further develop their effectiveness and leadership skills in a broad variety of fields including government, business, health care, education, human resources, law, land use, water and natural resources.
What You’ll Learn
You’ll complete the program with a clear understanding of the breadth and depth of conflict resolution and specific skills and strategies that will help you in the workplace, including:
- Theory and techniques for mediating conflicts
- Facilitation skills for conducting successful group meetings
- Strategies for minimizing conflict in difficult situations
- Techniques for joint fact-finding and interest-based negotiations
- Leadership skills for addressing conflict and negotiation settings
What You’ll Get
Our program offers:
- UC-quality education
- Expert instructors who are leading practitioners as conflict resolution professionals
- Class projects and case studies that offer relevant, hands-on learning opportunities that you can put to use immediately
- Unique networking opportunities with instructors and fellow students that can help advance your career
- $60,670 is the average income for arbitrators, mediators and conciliators (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Arbitrator, mediator and conciliator jobs are expected to grow by 10% through 2026, which is faster than the national job growth rate (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Top five states for employment of arbitrators, mediators and conciliators: California, Texas, New York, Illinois and Pennsylvania (Bureau of Labor Management)
This program requires completion of 6 required units of designated course work with a grade of “C” or better.
Course content is frequently revised to ensure that the program is up-to-date with the latest industry standards. For this reason, you must complete all of the course requirements of your certificate within five years from the day you enroll in the first course.
For additional information about our enrollment policies, please click here.
- Tuition for the entire Conflict Resolution Professional Concentration is $2,285
- Textbooks, other course materials and parking are not included in the tuition fee
For information about financing your education, please click here.
Ready to advance your career? Pick the option that best suits your needs and your lifestyle:
- Register. Fill out a brief program registration form. By doing so, you declare your intent to complete the program in 5 years or less, lock in program requirements and will be contacted by a program adviser who will work with you to map out your academic path.
- Enroll in an individual course. Check out individual courses that are currently open for enrollment. Courses will be applied to the program if you later decide to complete your professional concentration.
- Sign up for an information session. Learn more about the program by enrolling in a free information session. If an information session for this program is not currently open for enrollment, click on “notify me,” and we’ll contact you when the next one becomes available.
Questions? We’re here to help. If you’ve got a question, email us or call (530) 757-8777.