Pave the path to a technical career by strengthening your programming skills. This online course is part of our Professional Concentration in Python for Data Science, Web and Core Programming and is designed for professionals looking to develop relevant software skills in general or switch to a more technical career.
Intermediate Python will delve into essential data science applications of programming. Lectures, group discussions and hands-on activities will teach you the basics of object-oriented programming using Python. You will become familiar with concepts such as recursion, linear data structures, trees, graphs, maps and hash tables. By the end of this course, you will be able to develop algorithms and think computationally when solving data-related problems.
- Apply Python advanced language features to write efficient programs
- Use advanced Python Data Structures for efficient handling of data
- Access and manipulate data from SQL databases (MySQL) using Python connectors
- Analyze data with Python PANDAS
- Understand and implement MapReduce in Python
- Use big data frameworks like Hadoop in Python for big data analysis and analytics
- Use machine learning concepts in AWS EMR
Skills You’ll Gain
- Data analysis in Python
- Writing efficient programs
- Using advanced tools in Python