As technological innovation unlocks new professional opportunities, building technical skills will give you a head start in your career, no matter what field you are in. This online course serves as an introduction to our Professional Concentration in Python for Data Science, Web and Core Programming and is designed for professionals looking to develop relevant software skills in general or switch to a more technical career.
Introduction to Python aims to ease you into the world of programming, especially if you do not have a technical background. Through remote lectures, group discussions and hands-on activities, this beginner course will give you a foundational understanding of programming and open doors for professional development. By the end of this course, you will have enough technical knowledge and programming experience to further explore Python or any other programming language, either on your own or in more advanced courses.
- Learn how to use variable types, flow control, functions and data structures
- Apply these tools in Python to interact with the system
- Practice writing simple scripts in Python to process text files
- Understand how to use Jupyter for Python programming
Skills You’ll Gain
- Basic script writing
- Utilizing various tools and functions in Python
- Operating development tools like Jupyter